Having raised £38,000 for North Norfolk charities by running the London Marathon in 2021, this year I'm running the marathon once again, to raise money for 26 local charities, including Norfolk Community Foundation's 'Supporting Ukraine in Norfolk' Fund.
Thank you to everyone who nominated a charity this year - 40 charities based or working in North Norfolk were nominated and I joined Julia and Lisa at the amazing Holt Youth Project to draw out the final list of 25 charities! This year's charities, for which I'll be raising £1,000 each, are:
- Mile 1: The Venue (Holt Community Centre)
- Mile 2: Sheringham Little Theatre
- Mile 3: Sheringham & Cromer Choral Society
- Mile 4: Canaan Christian Trust
- Mile 5: It's On the Ball (Testicular Cancer)
- Mile 6: Happisburgh Coastwatch (National Coastwatch Institution)
- Mile 7: Thornage Hall Independent Living
- Mile 8: St Andrew the Apostle Church, Holt
- Mile 9: Eating Matters
- Mile 10: All Saints Church, Beeston Regis
- Mile 11: Friends of Cromer Hospital
- Mile 12: The Treehouse, Holt
- Mile 13: The Owl Playschool
- Mile 14: North Norfolk Cats Lifeline Trust
- Mile 15: Friends of Sheringham Woodfield School
- Mile 16: North Walsham Community Shop
- Mile 17: Friends of Astley Primary School
- Mile 18: Break Charity
- Mile 19: North Walsham Play
- Mile 20: Fitzroy Support at Home
- Mile 21: 1st Holt Scout Group
- Mile 22: The Matthew Project
- Mile 23: Sue Lambert Trust
- Mile 24: Cromer Exhibition Foundation
- Mile 25: North Walsham & District Cats Protection
and for my 26th mile this year, I'll be raising £5,000 for Norfolk Community Foundation's Supporting Ukraine in Norfolk Fund!
To donate click here
You can also donate by cheque, made payable to 'Norfolk Community Foundation', and sent to FREEPOST Duncan Baker (no stamp needed).
You can find out more and keep up with my marathon news via this page or by searching #GoingTheExtraMileForUkraine on social media.